Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Silly Lance wanted to pose like this with my grandparents. I'm pretty sure we have a picture like this when we were babies.
Abe testing out his new trials bike. Abe has wanted one of these so bad since we were dating. He even bought my wedding ring with the money he had saved for one.
Yea, I finally got a shop vac.
Ryker was so excited to get a motorcycle this year. He is so dang cute riding it.
Gage is starting so take a some steps on his own.
Ryker and some of his cousins waiting to open their presents.
Ryker and his very cute cousin Brighton.
For Abe's Dad's party we went sledding, and then went back to his house for food and more presents.
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
I love this time of year, even more so now that Ryker really understands Santa. We went to the mall to see him and Ryker told him everything that he wanted for Christmas, and even what he thought Gage wanted. I was a sucker and bought the really expensive picture they took. You can't see it very well because I don't know how to scan pictures yet so I took a picture of the picture. I love that Ryker is trying to be a really good boy so that Santa comes to our house, and whenever he's not I can tell him "you better be a good boy so Santa will come." It works every time. I only wish I would have thought about this great tactic earlier in the year.
Gage is getting close to walking. Here's Ryker trying to help him.
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
We got to have Cade and Austin (Nikki and Clint Taylor's boys) sleep over at our house this weekend. Ryker and Cade play so good together and are the best of friends. They had so much fun playing and then watching Ice Age with some popcorn. We need to do it again soon.
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Monday, November 24, 2008
Friday, November 14, 2008
Most people get a little freaked out when they see how high Abe throws kids up in the air. I, on the other hand, usually tell him to wait so I can go get the camera. Then the kids usually line up so they can be thrown really high. This our little flying monkey on Halloween. Gage doesn't love flying yet like Ryker, but we're working on it. Abe is the funnest Dad and uncle. I don't know anyone who likes to play as hard as Abe does, and yet be such a hard worker.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Last week I took my kids to go see the witches at Gardener Village. I've heard so much about it, but had never been. It is such a cute little place. Ryker liked the witches and loved the petting zoo. Then on Saturday Abe and I took the kids to Boo at the Zoo. All the kids were dressed in their Halloween costumes and they could go trick-or-treating. However, it was crazy busy and after waiting in a few really long lines for one piece of candy we decided to bag the trick-or-treating and just go see all the animals. The animals were all very active which was really fun to watch. We watched the tiger growl and pace back and forth for a really long time. We had a great time until Gage started to throw up (luckily we'd already been there for four hours), so then we called it a day and went home.
Ryker and his cousin Lydia
Ryker was running across the bridge and he suddenly saw a goat that was on the bridge. I can't believe I caught his surprised reaction. It was really funny.
Ryker and his cousin Tate in their Spiderman costums
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Ryker and Gage both had their well checks yesterday. Ryker is 33lbs (65%) and 38in (70%). Gage is 21lbs and 7oz (70%) and 30in (95%). I can't believe how fast they are growing up. It's still weird to think that I have a three year old. Gage learned to crawl last month, and now he is going nonstop just like Ryker.
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
1. Did you date people from your high school: Not really. I didn't really start dating until college.
2. What kind of car did you drive? : Me and Lance shared a 1988 Toyota Tercel which we all called "The Tuna Can"
3. What is your most embarrassing moment in high school?: I sure there are some, but I probably blocked them out so I can't think of one.
4. Were you a party animal? I wouldn't consider myself a party animal, but I did have a lot of fun doing some crazy/stupid stuff.
5. Were you considered a flirt?: No. I let all my friends, who were all much prettier than me, do all the flirting.
6. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir?: No. Although I haven't played in years, I think I can still play the piano.
7. Were you a nerd? I got good grades, but I don't think I was a nerd.
8. Were you on any varsity teams? : Yes, basketball and soccer and I loved it.
9. Did you get suspended/expelled? : No.
10. Can you still sing the fight song? : Yes. You had to know the fight song if you played sports.
11. Who were your favorite teachers? : Mrs. Barney and Mr. Shaw because those are the only teachers that I can remeber their names.
12. Where did you sit during lunch? Usually Krystal's house or some fast food place. I never ate at school.
13. School Mascot?: Davis Darts.
14. Did you go to homecoming and with who?: Junior year I went with Greg Bull and Senior year I went with Daniel Vettori. Both were a lot of fun.
15. If you could go back and do it again, would you? : I don't think I would. I loved high school and I had so much fun, but life just gets so much better after high school. When I was in high school I thought this is the best time of my life, but now I have such a better perspective. Being a wife and mom is the best. I'm so happy where I'm at right now. Plus, I look at high school kids now and think they look so immature and annoying. It's hard to think that I was once like that.
16. What do you remember most about graduation?: That is was very boring. That night was fun though. I went to the senior all-night party and then went to the football field and watched the sun come up.
17. Where did you go senior skip day?: Not really sure what that was. I had plently of sluff days.
18. Have you gained weight since then?: Sadly, yes but I'm not saying how much. I blame my kids.
19. Who was your prom date?: Both years I got asked like the week before, but I had fun both times. Junior year I went with Erik Siguenza and Senior year I went with Tiffer Higgs.
20. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion?: I'll probably go if we have one.
21. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself?: Don't care what others think of you. Have more confidence. Be more outgoing.
22. I tag... Nikki, Shannon, Karissa, Elysia, and Ashley.
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Sunday, September 28, 2008
I'm a little late with this post since Ryker turned 3 on September 14th, but better late then never right. He got a little screwed this year because Abe and I were out of town on his birthday. Ryker brings so much joy and excitment into our lives. He makes us (including Gage) laugh every day. His latest accomplishment is being able to tell the different makes of trucks. We'll be driving down the road and Ryker will yell "There's a Dodge!" or "There's a Devy (Chevy)!" or "There's a Toyota!" The funny thing is he's right almost all the time. Needless to say the kid loves trucks. Wonder where he gets that from. Happy Birthday Ryker we love ya!
Friday, September 26, 2008
My brother, Trent, and his wife, Amanda had their baby boy on September 24, 2008. After one and a half hours of labor Jaxson Chase Heath was born weighing 6lbs 11oz and was 20 inches long. He has lots of dark brown hair and of course is so adorable.
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Me and my boys. Ryker is sporting a buzz cut these days because he decided to cut his own hair, and a buzz was the only way to fix what he'd done. I'm finally getting use to it.
Saturday, August 16, 2008
I can't believe how fast Ryker is growing up. This week was a big one for him. On Monday my sister in-law, Crystal, came over and did potty training in a day with him. He caught on so fast and has done really well all week. He's even waking up dry in the mornings. YEA!! I'm so glad I only have one kid in diapers now. Thank you so much Crystal! Then today Abe taught him how to ride a bike with no training wheels. I was blown away that he could do it. He just loves riding his bike!