Thursday, July 9, 2009

4th of July

We had an excellent 4th of July. This is one of my favorite holidays. I started the day running my very first 5K. I don't like running, but I'm still glad I did it. I seriously don't know how people can run marathons. I'll stick to the 5K's. Then we went to the Kaysville parade and carnival. After naps we had a BBQ at my parents house and then went to the fireworks. My brother brought his fire pit so we could make smores (which where soooo yummy), but a fireman came and told us we had to let it burn out. Who knew you couldn't have a fire on the soccer field :)

I loved watching my kids and nieces and nephews at the parade. Last year Gage was just a baby and Ryker was off-roading with Abe, so this was the first time they really enjoyed a parade. I thought it was so neat to watch all the kids put their hands over their hearts when the flag went by.


Ryker and his cousin, Collin, in the helicopter.



Wow, a descent family picture. That doesn't happen very often.

We had a great time in Powell a couple weeks ago. I'm just waiting to get all my sibling's pictures and then I'll post.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your family is so cute. I love the picture of all of you. It's so fun to have holidays now that are kids are starting understand it and enjoy it.

Bryndie said...

We missed the parade, I was so bummed. Burks hated the fireworks! Actually she has not liked much of anything lately. cute family photo!

Taylor Family said...

Way to go on the first 5k. I ran my first one on memorial day. Lets get together soon.